The Boysenberry BBQ Sauce is the perfect complement to your Italian meatballs. The boysenberry flavor gives a unique twist to the classic BBQ sauce, making it an ideal topping for any meat dishes. Rich and bold, it's sure to please both you and your guests. Fun Fact: During our first Boysenberry Festival, we tried the Boysenberry BBQ sauce on everything, and our guests loved it with meatballs the most! Don't forget to get your own Boysenberry BBQ Sauce!
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray
- Soak bread crumbs in milk in a small bowl for 20 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions in hot oil translucent, about 20 minutes
- Mix beef and pork together in a large bowl. Stir onions, bread crumb mixture, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, Italian herb seasoning, and Parmesan cheese into meat mixture with a rubber spatula until combined. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Using wet hands, form meat mixture into balls about 11/2 inches in diameter. Arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and coat with Boysenberry BBQ sauce, return to oven for 5 more minutes.